Liam's latest activity

• Liam
    Liam reacted to Leseratte's post in the thread The Book Recommendations Thread with Like Like.
    I read the novel, because it was recommended on this forum. I only don't remember who recomended it.
  • Liam
    Liam reacted to Stevie B's post in the thread The Book Recommendations Thread with Like Like.
    I was aware that Seethaler had three books in English translation, but it appears there's a fourth - one in need of a publisher. Here's...
  • Liam
    Liam replied to the thread Recently finished books?.
    It's funny you should say that, I felt the same way about Fugitive Pieces but in her next book, The Winter Vault, I began to find her...
  • Liam
    Liam replied to the thread The Book Recommendations Thread.
    Thank you for introducing me to this writer. His books seem very introspective, which is a quality I prize. Looking at his novel The...
  • Liam
    Also, Bartleby, although it is not a work of fiction, but Maria Stepanova's In Memory of Memory fits your description perfectly: it is a...
  • Liam
    Shishkin's Maidenhair is also a good example, covering basically the entire 20th century in Russia's history.
  • Liam
    I can't believe that some people think it is better to kill a man than simply to vote him out of power. Robert Fico has already been a...
  • Liam
    Liam reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    🇷🇺 Ludmila Ulitskaya, "Bronka" and "The Daughter of Bokhara" ⭐⭐⭐+ After being less impressed than I expected by Sonechka, I decided to...
  • Liam
    Liam reacted to Hamishe22's post in the thread Alice Munro (1931-2024) with Like Like.
    Alice Munro was one of my favorite writers, a master of short story. I don't have much to say, except that I am sure she'll be read forever,
  • Liam
    Liam replied to the thread Pulitzer Prizes.
    So all I have to do is to publish a volume of poetry in Klingon, and I'm good to go? 😂 Kidding of course, but it's funny, I didn't know...
  • Liam
    Liam replied to the thread Non-Writer Obituaries.
    ^I thought he even made a cameo appearance in the film, but nope, I was confused. He definitely DOES make an appearance in Sex and the...
  • Liam
    Liam replied to the thread Non-Writer Obituaries.
    ^I wouldn't put it past them, they've done it once before already, 😵‍💫
  • Liam
    Liam reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Non-Writer Obituaries with Haha Haha.
    Haven't read much Bret Easton Ellis, but in my world, the Republican Party is about to nominate an American Pyscho for President.
  • Liam
    Liam reacted to kpjayan's post in the thread What do you do? with Love Love.
    imagine the long wait of one year for this flower to bloom for one night and wilt before dawn ( a life of 6 hrs). Last time, he/she...
  • Liam
    Liam reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Recent Purchases/Borrowings with Haha Haha.
    I forgot to mention that I read the Romanian translation. I don't think you will perceive the book really long, it's more of a...